Change a Company Name

If you decide to change your company name, Companies House needs to be notified in order to amend their register.

A Special Resolution is required to change the name of a Company. In order to do so, you will need to either:

  • Pass a Special Resolution at a General Meeting; or
  • Pass a Special Written Resolution that the Company Name is about to be changed to the new name

Being a Special Resolution, it will need 75% of the votes from the members entitled to vote.

What is included

  • Filing Fee
  • Submission of NM01 form and Special Resolution to Companies House
  • Change of name Certificate from Companies House

Additional Information

The process should take about 2-3 working days.

Our Trustpilot reviews