Recent Blog Posts...

What Restrictions Are Placed On Company Names?
@UKPLC Company Registrations
Jun 27, 2018
What are the Articles of Association?
@UKPLC Company Registrations
Jun 20, 2018
Forming a Company in the UK
@UKPLC Company Registrations
Jun 13, 2018
Can I File Documents With Companies House In Other Languages?
@UKPLC Company Registrations
May 30, 2018
How To Determine Your Target Market
@UKPLC Company Registrations
May 23, 2018

Recommended Blogs

I have a Limited Company – What should I file?

May 13, 2015

As a limited company, you have a duty to file a number of documents throughout the life of the company. The information below is only  aimed at giving a rough guidance. It is always best to seek professional accountancy advice if you are not qualified in this area. Penalties incurred through  late filing or mistakes can be hefty.


Annual Return

Not to be confused with  Annual Accounts, the annual return provides a snapshot of information about your company at the time. This document, which is to be filed at Companies House, includes the following:

·         the name of the company

·         its registered number

·         the type of company it is, for example, private or public

·         the registered office address of the company

·         the address where certain company registers are kept if not at the registered office

·         the principal business activities of the company

·         the name and address of the company secretary

·         the name, usual residential address, date of birth, nationality and business occupation of all the company’s directors

·         the date to which the annual return is made-up (the made-up date)

And if the company has share capital, the annual return must also contain:

·         the nominal value of total issued share capital

·         the names and addresses of shareholders and the number and type of shares they hold or transfer from other shareholders


Annual Accounts

An abbreviated set of accounts must be filed at Companies House. A full set of accounts that includes profits & loss must be filed at HMRC.


Corporation Tax Return (CT600)

This is to be filed at HMRC. Best to seek professional advice on this one.


Annual Self Assessment

All company directors should complete a self-assessment that shows the totality of their income.


Annual Employer Return

Any business with employees has the duty to report their payroll to HMRC online on or before each payday.


Quarterly VAT Returns

If your business’s turnover exceeds the VAT threshold int eh previous 12 months (not the accountancy year), you must register and account for VAT.




Karen Horne


No comments yet.

Have Your Say