The government has announced that new National Minimum Wage (NMW) rates are to be enforced as of 1st October 2013. This came as the Low Pay Commission’s recommendations were accepted.
The new rates will be as follows:
- The adult rate will increase by 12p to £6.31 an hour
- The rate for 18-20 year olds will increase by 5p to £5.03 an hour
- The rate for 16-17 year olds will increase by 4p to £3.72 an hour
- The apprentice rate will increase by 3p to £2.68 an hour
- The accommodation offset increases from the current £4.82 to £4.91